Royco’s #AnyoneCanMakeAGreatCurry Instagram Competition
Terms and Conditions for: Royco’s #AnyoneCanMakeAGreatCurry Instagram Competition
The following terms and conditions apply to Royco’s #AnyoneCanMakeAGreatCurry Instagram Competition (“Competition”). The Competition is promoted by Mars Consumer Products Africa Proprietary Limited (“Promotor”), with its physical address at Allhart Office Park, 150 Western Services Road, Woodmead, 2191 South Africa, in association with Royco (“the organizers”). Engage with Royco’s Competition content on its Instagram page in terms of these Terms and Conditions during the period 20 July 2021 to 28 July 2021, and stand a chance to win one of two @Home gift vouchers each to the value of R2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred rand).
- Participation in this Competition is governed by these terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”).
- Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. Participants are encouraged to review the Terms and Conditions before entering into the Competition and acknowledge that they been given an appropriate opportunity to do so and that they understand and accept these Terms and Conditions.
- Your entry, participation in this Competition and/or your acceptance of a Prize (in the event that you win a Prize) will constitute your binding acceptance of these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions, please do not participate in the Competition.
- Any violation or attempt to violate any of these Terms and Conditions will result in the immediate disqualification of the transgressor from the Competition.
- The Promotor has the right to reject any Participant suspected of fraudulent behaviour. For the avoidance of doubt, Participants who, in the Promoter’s and/or organisers sole determination, act unlawfully, fraudulently, in breach of these Terms and Conditions or otherwise dishonestly may be disqualified from participating in the Competition and shall not be eligible to win any Prize.
- The Promotor has the right to update, correct or verify these Terms and Conditions at any time during the term of the Competition. The updated, corrected or verified version of the Terms and Conditions will supersede any errors or omissions made on any publicly communicated documentation or marketing material in relation to this Competition.
- THE PROMOTOR RESERVES THE RIGHT IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO AMEND THESE RULES OR WITHDRAW OR POSTPONE THE COMPETITION, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, AT ANY TIME, TEMPORARILY OR PERMANENTLY WITH IMMEDIATE EFFECT. IF THIS IS THE CASE, THE PROMOTER WILL PROVIDE A NOTICE ON ITS WEBSITE: WWW.ROYCO.CO.ZA TO THIS EFFECT AND IT SHALL BE THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PARTICIPANTS TO REVIEW SUCH NOTICE. IN SUCH EVENT, ALL ENTRANTS HEREBY WAIVE ANY RIGHTS WHICH THEY MAY HAVE AGAINST THE PROMOTER AND/OR THE ORGANISERS AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEY WILL HAVE NO RECOURSE OR CLAIM OF ANY NATURE AGAINST THE PROMOTER AND/OR THE ORGANISERS IN THIS REGARD.
- THE DECISION OF THE PROMOTOR IN ALL MATTERS (INCLUDING DISPUTE-RELATED MATTERS) RELATING TO THE COMPETITION IS FINAL AND BINDING AND NO CORRESPONDENCE WILL BE ENTERED INTO, PROVIDED THAT SUCH DECISIONS ARE COMPLIANT WITH ALL APPLICABLE LAWS.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Republic of South Africa
- The Competition is limited to residents of South Africa (“Participants”). In addition, the following people shall not be eligible to participate in this Competition:
- directors, members, partners, promotional and advertising agents, merchandisers, employees or consultants of the Promotor and the organizers of the Competition;
- people who are not legal residents and/or legal citizen of the Republic of South Africa; or
- a spouse, life partner, parent, child, brother, sister, business partner or associate of any of the persons specified in clauses 1.10.1 and 1.10.2 above, (“Disqualified Participants”).
- Persons under the age of 18 years are not permitted to participate unless they have received explicit consent from, and are assisted by, a parent or legal guardian.
- On entry, Participants may be required to make an express declaration stating that they are not a Disqualified Participant, nor related to such person. The Promoter and/or the organisers reserve the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Participants.
- MARS MAY AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION DECIDE THAT AN ENTRY IS NOT ELIGIBLE DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE CONTENT OF THE ENTRY AND MAY DISQUALIFY A PERSON FROM THE COMPETITION.
- Individuals may enter the Competition more than once during the term of the Competition but are only eligible to win one of the Prizes available.
MECHANICS: HOW TO ENTER
- This Competition runs from 20 July 2021 until 28 July 2021. No entries received after midnight on the 28 July 2021 will be considered.
- The duration of the Competition may be extended or curtailed at the discretion of the Promoter.
- To enter the Competition Participants must engage with Royco’s Instagram platform by:
- tagging one person on the Royco Instagram Competition post using the #AnyoneCanMakeAGreatCurry; and
- following @royco.sa on Instagram.
- Winners will be announced by the Promotor in the Competition post comments on 30 July 2021 and will then be contacted directly by the Promotor.
- Entry into the Competition is at no cost to the Participant.
- Two winners will be selected at random by the Promotor via a draw scheduled to take place on 29 July 2021. The Promotor’s decision in this regard will be final (“Winners”).
- The Winners will be notified by the Promotor within 3 (three) days of being selected via Royco’s Instagram Competition Post in terms of which each respective Winner entered the Competition.
- Once the Winners are selected, the Promotor will contact each Winner via Instagram private messenger and request their contact details and postal address for purposes of delivering the Prize.
- The Promotor shall not be liable, once the Winners have been notified, for any reason, if it is unable to contact a Winner or receive their response for a period longer than 14 (fourteen) business days.
- Should the Promotor be unable to contact a Winner for prize redemption within 14 (fourteen) business days of the Winner being selected as such or if a Winner fails to comply with these Terms and Conditions, the Promotor may determine in its sole discretion that said Winner forfeit the Prize and decide on a new Winner from the eligible entries.
- The prize includes an @Home gift voucher to the value of R2,500.00 (two thousand five hundred rand) (“Prize”). Two Prizes are available in respect of the Competition. The Prize is redeemable in store at any @Home nationwide.
- The Prize is personal, non-transferable, and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. In the event that the award of a Prize is subject to any bank charges and/or has any tax implications and or any other cost then the Promotor reserves the right to adjust such Prize to accommodate such charges and costs. Alternatively, in the sole discretion of the Promotor, such charges and or costs shall be for the account of the Winner.
- If the Prize cannot be offered for whatever reason, the Promotor reserves the right at its sole discretion to substitute the Prize for another prize of equal or greater value without giving notice to the Winner.
- Winners will be required to provide proof of their compliance with these Terms and Conditions before taking receipt of a Prize. As per clause 1.4, should a Winner be found to have not complied with these Terms and Conditions, he/she will automatically be disqualified from the Competition, and their Prize forfeited. Winners may also be required to document and sign their acceptance of a Prize for the Promotor’s records.
INDEMNITIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Participants and Winners absolve the Promotor and the organizers of the Competition, as well as their advertising agencies, advisers, agents and suppliers, from liability for all claims, loss or damages howsoever arising from wilful misconduct or negligent acts or omission on the part of any such person.
- The Promotor will not be liable for any delays in delivery of, or defect in, a Prize to any Winner.
- THE PROMOTER AND/OR THE ORGANISERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY TECHNICAL FAILURE THAT MAY RESULT IN AN ENTRY NOT BEING SUCCESSFULLY SUBMITTED.
- PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION AND SUBSEQUENT USE OF A PRIZE IS AT THE PARTICIPANT’S AND/OR WINNER’S OWN RISK. PARTICIPANTS AND WINNERS HEREBY INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS THE PROMOTOR AND THE ORGANIZERS OF THE COMPETITION, AS WELL AS THEIR EMPLOYEES AND STAFF, ORGANISERS OF THIS COMPETITION, ADVERTISING AGENCIES, ADVISERS AND ANY OTHER RELATED PARTIES, AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES AND LIABILITY WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT INCURRED BY ANY PARTICIPANT OR WINNER ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS COMPETITION AND/OR THE USE, ACCEPTANCE OR POSSESSION OF A PRIZE, AND/OR PARTICIPATION (OR NON-PARTICIPATION) IN A PRIZE RELATED ACTIVITY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH AND PROPERTY DAMAGE AND CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, HOWSOEVER ARISING.
- The Promotor shall not be responsible for any misrepresentation caused due to an unintentional copying error, typing error or an error by omission that may occur on any of its promotional material or social media in relation to this Competition.
- Winners and Participants are to familiarise themselves with the Regulations issued by the Minister of Cooperative Governance and Traditional Affairs, including in terms of section 27(2) of the Disaster Management Act 57 of 2002, as amended from time to time, which significantly (amongst others) incorporates the specifications for the re-enforced Alert Level 4 of the lockdown (GNR 565 of 27 June 2021), and are solely responsible for their compliance therewith. The Promotor in no way condones irresponsible Covid-19 behaviour and this Competition should not be interpreted as its endorsement thereof.
- On request, Winners and/or Participants may be required to take part in publicity campaigns (by permitting the use of their name and image/s) for purposes of promoting the Promotor and/or the Royco brand. Winners and/or Participants shall at all times be entitled to decline such request.
- Those Winners and/or Participants who agree to take part in any publicity campaign will not be entitled to any payment or other remuneration for their involvement in the campaign.
- All publicity and other promotional material will become the sole property of the Promoter.
- You are entitled to decline any marketing communication by emailing the Promotor on email@example.com or by calling us on 0860 002 740.
- Other than to its employees or contractors for purposes of conducting the Competition, the Promotor shall not disclose personal information to any third party unless:
- such third party is bound by the same provisions and obligations as those set out in these Terms and Conditions; and
- the Promotor has received the Participant’s (and where applicable the Winner’s) prior written consent.
- For the avoidance of any doubt, Participants and Winners hereby consent to the use of their personal information by the Promotor and/or the organizers for the purposes as set out in clause 7.1 in relation to this Competition.
- Copies of these Terms and Conditions in respect of this Competition are available online at www.royco.co.za (“Website”).
- All competition queries must be directed to one of our call centre agents on +27 0860 0027 40 between 09H00 to 16H00 on weekdays.