Looking for a Breyani recipe that is quick and easy? Follow the simple to understand steps to make this flavourful breyani dish with Royco.
Replace the chicken in this recipe with par cooked potato and button mushrooms.
Get older kids to help prepare the sambals that you want to serve with your breyani - a tomato, onion and fresh coriander salad, or a cucumber raita.
- 500 g chicken strips
- Royco® Breyani Recipe Base
- 2 Tbls oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbls garlic and ginger (optional)
- 50g tomato paste
- 1 can or 200 g cooked lentils
- 2 cups cooked rice, season to taste and enjoy!
- Heat oil in a pot, fry chicken and chopped onion until lightly browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger (optional).
- Stir in the tomato paste and Royco® Breyani Recipe Base pouch contents, bring to a simmer.
- Add the cooked lentils and rice, stirring gently.
- Allow to simmer for 10-15 mins.
Serve with chopped tomato, onion and fresh coriander salad.