A South African favourite is reinvented into a spicy pasta salad that makes a great side dish for your next braai or Seven Colour Sunday.
This recipe is suitabe for vegetarians.
For a non-spicy version, switch Chakalaka tins for baked beans and use Royco® Minestrone Soup instead of the Chakalaka Soup.
- 60ml oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 each rainbow peppers, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, grated
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp ROYCO® Chakalaka Regular Packet Soup
- 2 cans chakalaka (hot)
- 500g cooked pasta
- Heat oil in a pot and fry onion for 3 minutes
- Add garlic, ginger and peppers and fry for 3 minutes
- Add tomatoes, sugar, ROYCO® Chakalaka Regular Packet Soup and mix to combine
- Add chakalaka, stir to combine and cook for 10 minutes
- Once chakalaka is ready, mix with pasta and set aside