A hearty ragu made with tasty beef bangers that are infused with fresh thyme and flavourful Royco Bolognaise Cook-in Sauce, served on linguini.
- 20ml olive oil
- 800g beef sausage, casing removed
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, finely chopped or grated
- 2 Tsp thyme leaves
- 15ml tomato paste
- 1 x Royco Bolognaise Dry Cook In Sauce
- 1 x 400g tin tomatoes
- 250ml water
- 100g baby tomatoes
- Linguini, cooked to serve
- In a large pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat. Crumble the pork sausage into the pan with the fennel seeds. Fry gently until browned. Using a slotted spoon, remove the beef leaving the fat and oil in the pan.
- Add the onion, carrot and thyme to the pan. Fry until soft, about 8 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and fried pork back into the pan. Add the Royco Bolognaise, tin of tomatoes and water.
- Bring to a boil then turn down to a gentle simmer. Simmer for about 45 minutes, until the liquid has reduced.
- 5 minutes before it is done, add in your whole baby tomatoes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the ragu on top of the cooked linguini. Sprinkle with a generous amount of parmesan or pecorino. Garnish with fresh basil.