Fresh hake fillets baked with tomato, chorizo and Royco Roasted Garlic Sauce. An all-in-one vibrant and light meal for your next family feast.
- 30ml olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 5 sprigs thyme
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 x Royco Roasted Garlic Sauce
- 250ml water
- 1 cup flour
- 8 x 50-60g or 4 x 100-120g portions hake
- 125ml oil
- Heat a pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, onion and thyme. Fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard, lemon juice and Royco Roasted Garlic Sauce and water. Allow to simmer for 2 minutes, season with salt and pepper to taste. Remove from the heat and put aside.
- Put the flour into a bowl and season it generously with salt and pepper.
- Toss the hake pieces in the flour then dust the excess off.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan. Fry the hake until golden and cooked through.
- Spoon the hot onion and garlic sauce over the base of a platter, top with the golden hake pieces.
- Serve with steamed green beans and roasted tomatoes.