Quick and easy marinated Boerewors & Apricot Stick meals are great as a dinner or a fireside snack. Mixed with a finger licking good Spare Rib marinade for bursts of flavour.
Replace the boerewors with your favourite plant-based sausage, or halloumi cheese.
Older kids can help you skewer the ingredients onto the sosatie sticks, while the little ones can layout the ingredients in a pattern ready to be skewered.
- 1 packet Royco® Spare Rib Dry Marinade
- 250 g button mushrooms
- 250 g semi-dried soft apricots
- 300 g boerewors, cut into 2-3 cm chunks
- 20 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 20 mins
- Prepare Royco® Spare Rib Dry Marinade according to pack instructions.
- Add mushrooms and apricots and marinate for 20 minutes.
- Thread a mushroom, an apricot and a piece of boerewors onto each stick. Place all the sticks in an ovenproof dish and grill in the oven for 15 mins, or braai over cool coals, basting and turning a few times as they cook.
- Enjoy as a snack before the main event!