A colourful take on the classic potato bake with the addition of butternut and big Royco® flavour.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
This is a great side dish for the kids to get in on. An adult can cut the butternut and potatoes, and the kids can help you layer it.
- half a butternut, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 large potatoes peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 pkt Royco® Cheddar Cheese & Onion Potato Bake
- 1½ cups cream
- salt and pepper
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tbsp melted butter
- spring fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees
- Arrange butternut and potatoes vertically in the baking dish
- Mix together Royco® Cheddar Cheese & Onion Bake, cream, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper - pour mixture over butternut and potatoes
- Drizzle with melted butter
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes
- Remove foil and bake for a further 20 minutes or until crispy and golden