Perfectly roasted butternut & beetroot are the base of this colourful salad. Top with crunchy almonds and creamy feta for a super side dish or picnic dinner delight.
Use Royco® Sour Cream and Chives Potato Bake instead to make this a delicious vegetarian salad.
Get your little cook to complete the salad by sprinkling the almonds and crumbling the feta cheese.
- 1 butternut, peeled and cut into 2
- ½ cm chunks
- 30ml oil
- 1 packet Royco® Creamy Cheese & Bacon Potato Bake
- 5 medium fresh beetroot
- 1 pk rocket leaves
- 40g flaked almonds, toasted
- 160g feta cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 190°C
- Toss the butternut cubes in oil, and then sprinkle with the contents of the packet of Royco® Creamy Cheese & Bacon Potato Bake. Roast in a single layer for 40-45 minutes.
- Boil beetroots for 15-20 min until soft, then refresh in cold water. Rub off the skins and cut into wedges. Place rocket leaves on a platter, top with the dressed beetroot wedges, then the roasted butternut cubes.
- Sprinkle the flaked almonds and feta over the top.