Change things up at your next braai with these aromatic Oriental Drumsticks marinaded in Royco® Chicken Marinade and eastern flavours.
Replace the chicken with thick slices of aubergine or brown giant mushrooms.
If kids will be joining in on this Oriental feast, simply leave out the crushed chilli.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 packet Royco® Chicken Marinade
- 3cm piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 10 ml Chinese five spice
- 5 ml crushed chilli
- 30 ml soy sauce
- Slash the chicken drumsticks three to four times each with a sharp knife
- Prepare Royco® Chicken Marinade according to packet instructions. Add the ginger, garlic, Chinese 5 spice, crushed chilli and soy sauce.
- Pour over the chicken drumsticks and leave to marinate for 20 minutes.
- Braai over medium coals for about 15 minutes, basting frequently.