A decadent Lasagna that cuts corners but not flavour with the help of Royco® Brown Onion Soup and Royco® Cheddar Cheese Sauce. Spend more time with the family and less time cooking.
Replace the meat in this recipe with a selection of veg which allows for a textured filling that is flavourful. We suggest, 3 large carrots grated, 1 red bell pepper chopped, 3 medium baby marrows.
Lasagna may be one of the ultimate kids' meals, so get them involved in the steps and proud of what's on their plate.
- 250g lasagne sheets or ribbon noodles
- Boil in salted water for 20 minutes. Drain.
- (Hint: boil only a few Lasagne sheets at a time in order to obtain best results.)
- 500g minced beef
- 50g tomato paste
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 5 ml oil
- 1 packet Royco® Brown Onion Packet Soup
- 2 packets Royco® Cheddar Cheese Sauce
- 375 ml water
- Fry the beef & garlic in the heated oil till beginning to go brown.
- Stir in the Royco® Brown Onion Packet Soup & gradually add the water.
- Add the tomato paste and continue to stir until thickened.
- Prepare 2 packets of Royco® Cheddar Cheese Sauce as per pack instructions.
- In greased casserole arrange the layers of the lasagne, meat sauce & cheese sauce and repeat until all are used, ending with the lasagne.
- Sprinkle top with parmesan & cheddar cheese and bake at 180°C for approximately 30 minutes.