Serve up the fragrant flavours of Morocco with this easy, breezy tagine in a tray. Cooked in Royco Roast Meat Gravy, topped with almonds and apricots
- 1 x Royco Roast Meat Gravy
- 30ml olive oil
- 600g lamb cubes
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 stick cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- Juice & zest of 1 orange
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 cup light chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 100g dried apricots, halved
- 50g flaked almonds, toasted
- Mint leaves
- Couscous, cooked
- Start by making up the Royco Roast Meat Gravy according to package instructions, put aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a heavy based pot over a high heat. Generously season the lamb pieces with salt and pepper and add them to the pot.
- Allow the lamb to colour all over, then remove from the heat.
- Turn the heat down to low and add the onion. Fry for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, coriander powder, turmeric powder, cinnamon and tomato paste.
- Fry for a further 2 minutes then return the lamb to the pot with the orange juice and zest, honey, bay leaf, chicken stock, water and prepared Royco Roast Meat Gravy.
- Stir well and allow it to come to a boil. Once boiling, turning the heat down, place a lid on, and allow to gently simmer for 2.5 hours.
- Add the apricots and simmer for a further 30 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve the lamb garnished with almonds and mint. Serve with couscous on the side.