Royco® Creamy Mushroom Sauce is stirred through the chicken and mushroom filling to create a decadent Phyllo Pie. Perfect for before dinner guests arrive, and baking just before dinner.
Replace the chicken with wilted and drained baby spinach for a crunchy veggie pie.
Your little one will enjoy lending a helping hand, brushing each layer of phyllo with melted butter.
- 2 leeks thinly sliced
- 250 g brown mushrooms sliced
- 60 ml oil
- 2-3 chicken breast fillets sliced
- Royco® Creamy Mushroom Dry Sauce
- 2-3 sheets phyllo pastry
- 45 ml butter or margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Fry leeks and mushrooms in ½ the oil. Place in a 20cm oven-proof dish.
- Stir-fry chicken in the rest of the oil. Season and add to the leeks and mushrooms.
- Prepare Royco® Creamy Mushroom Dry Sauce according to packet instructions. Stir into the chicken and mushroom mixture.
- Brush each phyllo sheet well with melted butter / margarine, then cut into 4 strips. Scrunch each strip into a loose ball and place on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake in oven for 15-20 minutes until the phyllo is golden.