Top Tip: Soak the wooden skewers in a plate of water for 15 minutes before.
Replace the chicken in this recipe with cubes of halloumi.
Leave out the chilli powder to reduce the spiciness of this recipe for kids.
- 2 onions cut into 1 cm squares
- 8 chicken breasts on bone with skin
- 250 ml dried apricot halves
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1 packet Royco® Chicken Marinade
- 20 ml medium curry powder
- 3 ml turmeric
- 5 ml fresh ginger grated
- 3 ml dried chilli
- Boil the onion squares for 3 minutes, refresh in cold water. (or microwave onions for 1 minute)
- Cut the chicken breasts off the bone, then cut into 2 cm cubes, keeping the skin on.
- Thread chicken cubes onto the skewers, alternating with the onion squares and apricots.
- Prepare Royco® Chicken marinade according to packet instructions. Add the curry powder, turmeric, ginger and chilli. Marinate sosaties for 20 minutes.
- Grill sosaties in the oven for about 15 minutes, turning and basting frequently.
- Serve immediately
The chicken skin is important in this recipe as it adds moisture to the kebabs. The kebabs can be made a day ahead (as far as step 3) but only marinate 20 minutes before cooking.