What's not to love about this quick and easy bake. Crusty bread, ham and cheese, covered in Royco® Cheese and Mushroom Dry Sauce. It's comfort food at it's best.
Replace the ham in this recipe with some asparagus.
This is a great recipe for the small chefs to help with. Get little hands to tear the bread, tuck away the ham and beat the eggs.
- 1 French loaf
- 100g shaved ham
- 140g cheddar or mozzarella, grated
- 5 eggs
- Royco® Cheese & Mushroom Dry Sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C , and grease a 20 x 30 cm lasagna dish.
- Cut or tear the French loaf into bite sized pieces, place in the dish.
- Tuck the ham and cheese between the bread pieces.
- Place the contents of the Royco® Cheese & Mushroom Dry Sauce in a bowl, add 750ml boiling water, whisk for 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the bread mixture, press lightly so the bread soaks up the sauce.
- Bake at 180°C, covered with foil for 20 minutes, remove the foil and continue baking until the top is light golden.
- Serve immediately with a crisp salad
This recipe can be made up to step 5, the day before serving.