Penne pasta generously drenched in a sauce that encapsulates the flavours of the Mediterranean. This scrumptious dinner is taken up a notch with pine nuts and parmesan.
Switch out the suggested sauce in this recipe with Royco® Four Cheese Pasta Sauce.
Get your kiddo to put the finishing touches to each plate by sprinkling the portions with pine nuts and parmesan.
- 500g penne
- 2 packets Royco® Cheese, Ham & Mushroom Pasta Sauce
- salted water
- 30 ml oil
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 90 ml sundried tomatoes, chopped
- 20 ml basil, chopped
- 60 ml pine nuts, roasted
- 15 g parmesan, grated
- Cook the penne in boiling, salted water until tender.
- Prepare the 2 packets of Royco® Cheese, Ham & Mushroom Pasta Sauce according to packet instructions.
- Fry the red peppers in the oil for 1 minute.
- Add the ROYCO® sauces, sundried tomatoes and basil leaves, simmer for 1 minute.
- Divide the penne between 4-6 plates, top with the sauce. Sprinkle the pine nuts and parmesan over the top