All the classic flavours of the Mediterranean combined into a wholesome pasta bake. A crowd pleaser for your next gathering.
This recipe is suitable for vegetarians.
Pasta is always a hit with kids, and this bake is no different. Your little one can help by picking the basil leaves and crumbling the feta.
- 1 packet Royco® Creamy Cheese & Garlic Sauce
- 15 ml (1 Tbls) olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 125 g mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 can diced tomato
- 1 ml oreganum
- fresh basil, chopped
- black pepper, to taste
- 120 g fusilli pasta, cooked
- 1/2 round feta cheese
- Prepare Royco® Creamy Cheese & Garlic Sauce as per directions on pack. Heat oil & fry onion, mushrooms & red pepper.
- Add tomato, oreganum & basil & cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add prepared sauce, pepper & fusilli.
- Turn into a greased casserole dish.
- Crumble feta cheese over top & bake at 180°C for 20 minutes.
- Serve with garlic bread & a Greek salad.