Top Tip: to make your own breadcrumbs, simply whizz a few slices of stale bread in the food processor.
Make this a Veggie Tetrizini by replacing the chicken with broccoli florets.
Slicing mushrooms with a butter knife is a great way for your child to practice their knife skills safely.
- 500g pasta
- 2 pk Royco® Chicken A La King Cook in Sauce
- 800 ml milk
- 250 ml water
- 250 g mushrooms, sliced
- 100 ml oil for frying
- 500g chicken breast or thigh meat
- 65 g almonds
- 100 ml fresh bread crumbs
- 100 ml grated cheese
- Cook pasta according to packet instructions, drain and season with salt and pepper.
- Roast almonds at 180ºC until light golden, chop roughly.
- Fry mushrooms in a little oil until cooked, season with salt and pepper.
- Fry chicken in a little more oil until cooked, then cut into bite sized pieces, season with salt and pepper.
- Mix the pasta, almonds, mushrooms and chicken together. Place in an oven proof dish.
- Mix the contents of the packets of Royco® Chicken A La King with the milk, water and sherry. Bring to the simmer, stir continuously for 2-3 minutes until thickened. Pour sauce over the pasta, mix well.
- Mix the bread crumbs and cheese together, sprinkle over the pasta.
- Bake at 180ºC for approx. 15-20 minutes until heated through and browned on top.
Make this recipe in advance to step 7, freezes well for up to 3 months. Defrost completely before baking.