A wholesome bolognaise that is rich with tomato flavor. Repurpose this versatile meat sauce for tacos, pancakes or roosterkoek.
Replace the beef mince with a combination of brown and red lentils for a textured vegetarian bolognaise.
This quick and easy bolognaise is a speedy weeknight dinner that can top your kids favourite pasta shape - try shells, twirly-whirlies or bows.
- 500g lean beef mince
- 2 Tbls oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 can tomatoes, chopped
- Royco® Bolognaise Wet Cook-In Sauce
- In a pan, lightly brown chopped onion and mince.
- Stir in the contents of the Royco® Bolognaise Wet Cook-In Sauce pouch and add tomatoes.
- Allow to simmer for 10 mins.
- Season to taste, serve with cooked pasta and enjoy!
Top with fresh herbs and shaved parmesan.