Get dinner on the table in a matter of minutes with a simple Bacon Carbonara pasta recipe that the whole family will love.
Simply leave out the bacon, and add an additional 250g of exotic mushrooms.
If your kids will be picking out the peas, replace the peas with hidden grated baby marrow.
- 1 packet Royco® Bacon Carbonara Pasta Sauce
- 1 Tbls margarine
- 250 g bacon chopped
- 250 g mushrooms sliced
- 100 g peas cooked
- 1 cup cream
- 2-3 ml black pepper for seasoning
- 500 g spaghetti cooked
- 40 g parmesan grated
- Prepare Royco® Pasta Sauce and spaghetti as per directions on pack.
- Heat margarine & fry bacon & mushrooms.
- Add peas, prepared sauce, cream & pepper, simmer for 1 minute.
- Serve with spaghetti, freshly grated Parmesan cheese, a green salad & crusty Italian bread.
Ham can be used instead of bacon, but only add once mushrooms are cooked.