Enjoy tender Oxtail soup all year round with a rich oxtail soup sauce | ROYCO®
- 850 g oxtail, cut into joints
- 15 ml oil
- 6 pickling onions, peeled
- 150 ml red wine
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 ml parsley, chopped (2ml dried)
- 5 ml rosemary, chopped (2 ml dried)
- 6 baby carrots, peeled
- 300 g mushrooms, quartered
- 4 baby potatoes, peeled
- 1 packet ROYCO® Rich Oxtail Packet Soup
- 100 ml frozen peas
- Preheat the oven to 160ºC
- Brown the oxtail in batches, in hot oil, in a small casserole.
- Then brown the pickling onions, set aside.
- Return the oxtail to the casserole, add the red wine, garlic, parsley, rosemary and aprox. 800ml water, the oxtail must be completely submerged in liquid. Cover casserole and place in the oven for 1 hour.
- Add the pickling onions, carrots, mushrooms and potatoes and cook for another 45 minutes.
- Mix the ROYCO® Rich Oxtail Soup with 300ml water. Add to the casserole with the peas. Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Ostrich neck can be used instead of oxtail.