This Spicy Chicken Stew is a winter warmer with subtle South African flavour. A one pot meal that is quick to prepare and post dinner clean up is a breeze.
Replace the chicken in this recipe with chunks of butternut.
Instead of using our Spicy Chicken Stew Mix, use Cream of Chicken Soup.
- 500g chicken thighs
- 1 packet Royco® 2in1 Spicy Chicken Stew Mix
- 1 chopped onion
- A sprig of thyme
- 1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon of chutney
- 1 diced carrot
- 1 cup of chopped green beans
- 30ml olive oil
- 500ml water
- Brown your chicken in olive oil.
- Add the Royco® 2in1 Spicy Chicken Stew Mix and the rest of the ingredients and stir well.
- Pour in the water and let it simmer partly covered until the chicken is done and serve.