There's nothing quite like homemade pies. Royco® Creamy Mushroom Sauce adds to a delicious chicken filling, encased by flaky pastry.
Replace the chicken in this recipe with lightly steamed broccoli and cauliflower.
Help your little ones cut shapes with a cookie cutter out of the scraps of leftover pastry. Top each pie with the shapes for a fun dinner.
- 1 packet Royco® Creamy Mushroom Sauce
- ½ ready roasted chicken broken into bite size chunks
- 1 punnet button mushrooms sliced
- 30 g fresh sage leaves chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ml sea salt
- 1 packet ready rolled puff pastry
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 teaspoon of water
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Prepare Royco® Creamy Mushroom sauce according to pack instructions.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan & add oil & mushrooms to the pan. Lightly salt mushrooms, & stir fry until mushrooms are cooked & liquid has evaporated.
- Mix mushrooms together with chicken, sage & sauce. Divide the mixture into 4 ramekins.
- Roll out puff pastry & cut out rounds, ½ cm larger than the ramekin diameter. Brush egg onto the ramekin rims & close with pastry lids. Make 3 slits in each lid for steam to escape.
- Brush tops with remaining egg. Bake for 30 min, until the pastry is risen & golden.
- Serve with kettle fried chips & green salad.
These pies can be made in advance and kept unbaked in the fridge, but let the filling cool before covering with pastry.