Surprise the family with a favourite food, reinvented with these exotic Moroccan flavours. This is a marinade that will keep everyone coming back for more.
Replace chicken with thick, long slices of butternut and roast the marinated butternut instead of braaing it.
If kids will be joining in on this Moroccan feast, simply leave out the crushed chilli.
- 1 packet Royco® Chicken Marinade
- 45ml lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 15ml ground cumin
- 5ml ground saffron or tumeric
- 10ml paprika
- 5ml crushed chilli
- 8 chicken thighs
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- Prepare the Royco® Chicken Marinade according to packet instructions. Add the lemon juice, garlic, cumin, saffron, turmeric, paprika and chilli.
- Pour over the chicken pieces and leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Braai over medium coals for 15-20 minutes, basting frequently.
- Roast at 200°C for 45 minutes, baste every 15 minutes