These Stuffed Chicken Breasts are a great meal to serve at your next date night. Light candles, and layout the table cloth and reconnect over dinner.
Use the same filling to stuff hollowed red bell peppers. Just replace the bacon bits with sliced mushrooms.
Get your little one to brush the chicken breasts with olive oil before cooking to perfection.
- 1 packet Royco® Four Cheese Dry Sauce
- 1 Tbs oil for frying
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 150 gr bacon, sliced
- 300 gr spinach, rinsed and dried
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- Pre heat the oven to 180°C.
- Make up sauce to pack instructions, using only ¾ the amount of water, and set aside.
- Heat a large non stick pan over a medium heat. Fry the onion and bacon in a bit of oil for 5-10 minutes until browned. Add the spinach and stir-fry until wilted. Tip into a sieve to drain.
- Make slits down the length of each chicken breast and open up.
- Squeeze any excess moisture out of spinach mixture and stir into the Royco® Four Cheese Dry Sauce. Divide mixture between the chicken breasts and close gently; securing with a toothpick.
- Brush with olive oil and bake in the oven for 25 minutes. Serve with crusty bread and salad.