Add ostrich to your shopping list and try out this tasty Sweet and Sour dish, complete with crunchy cashews and vegetables.
Replace the meat in this recipe with slivers of brown mushrooms for a delicious vegetarian version.
Set the table with those takeaway chopsticks that you have in the drawer!
- 500 g spaghetti
- 600 g ostrich steak, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 45 ml oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into thin strips
- 120 g green beans, sliced in half
- 8-10 spring onions, sliced
- 1 pk Royco® Sweet and Sour Sauce wet Cook in Sauce 415 g
- 40 g cashew nut, roasted and roughly chopped
- 30 ml coriander or flat leaf parsley
- Cook spaghetti according to packet instructions.
- Brown ostrich strips in batches in a little hot oil, set aside.
- Fry onions in a little more oil until soft, add red peppers, carrots, green beans and spring onions. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Add ostrich strips, allow to heat through then add the Royco® Sweet and Sour Sauce, bring to the simmer.
- Add spaghetti and cashew nuts, stir well.
- Divide into 6 bowls or plates and garnish with coriander or parsley.